Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Does CBS actually have their heads up their asses?! Oh why yes they do.

Does CBS actually have their heads up their asses?! Oh why yes they do.

Over the past year I have found myself leaning more and more away from live TV. I have signed up for a NetFlix account and am renting DVDs of TV shows that are now off the air that I didn’t have time (or the channel) to catch when it was on. Six Feet Under and Dead Like Me are my 2 recent obsessions. This past season was one of the best seasons on TV that I have seen in years.

Between Jericho, Heroes & Men in Trees I finally regained hope that the networks were not completely useless. As I watched Jericho and Heroes and had these gynormous pauses between 6 and 8 weeks with no re-runs or new episodes I became annoyed… then early this year ABC plays 1 episode of Men in Trees and then NOTHING… no updates on their website… no information to say the show was ever coming back. So this past week was the season finale of Jericho. I was so excited at the end because I thought for SURE with this excellent writing the show would have to be back. Now I find out that CBS decision makers are complete and udder idiots. They have cancelled this well choreographed show and what will they put in its place? Probably some POS reality show.

On a good note Heroes and Men in Trees have been renewed for next season and in the case of Men in Trees they will be adding the END of this season on to next season. Whew…. At least there is some small hope. All this has made me start to think… why do I bother watching these shows live when I can simply rent the season DVDs a few months after the show is over and AFTER I know if it will have a new season? I mean if I had known Jericho would have been cancelled I think I would have trashed the show earlier if I had bothered watching it at all.
It’s nice to have the water cooler shows… you know the ones that people get excited about and you have to discuss over lunch the next day but when it comes to the end of the season and there is a great cliff hanger and no resolution… I just feel like a woman with a quick-draw boyfriend…. Not something I am accustomed to feeling. LOL

No comments: