Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Week 1 diet recap

Week 1 started really well. I have become better about pre-planning my lunches and I am working on finding recipes to keep it interesting. Last week I made Rachael Ray's Chicken Caccitore Stoup. I slightly modified it by removing some of the oil 1 of the potatoes and added more pepper, onion, mushroom and chicken (the good stuff). It turned out FANTASTIC! I made a big batch and then portioned them out into serving size containers so I just nuke it and have lunch.

I did 20 minutes a day on my elliptical (building up to more) and 10 minutes a day of arm work outs with my weights. This worked well Monday - Wednesday. Thursday I woke up with a migraine. It has been about 2 years since I have had a migraine so first off let me say I am happy to have been free of them for 2 years. I fought my way through work Thursday but Friday morning I woke up and just couldn't take it so I called in. The problem with calling in is I had not prepared to have food in my house. So I did not eat as well Friday. Saturday I woke up feeling much better and exerted myself cleaning my house for a few hours. Sunday I went to the mall (needed new shoes for work) and walked the mall.

Overall I feel last week went well. This week I have planned Chicken Caesar Wraps with light dressing and stir fry for lunch. Now that I have my breakfast and lunch in order I really need to start working on dinners...

Well that will be my goal for week 3. *grin*

Week 1 - 2 pounds lost, 48 to go.

No comments: