Thursday, January 08, 2009

Update 1

Went to Bill's general doctor today and he also disliked the "sometimes these things just happen" diagnosis. He is sending Bill for 2 new tests next week (EEG and Doppler) These will test to see if Bill had a seizure and also to see if his veins to his brain are clot free. We also discovered something new this morning. Shortly after breakfast Bill was not feeling well again and was clammy, thank goodness he did not pass out again. So we are thinking that it might have something to do with his blood sugar levels (also considering he has gained back much of the weight he lost) so even though we had already planned to get healthy and both of us exercising again we are really in a push for it now.

After the doctor I went up to see Shadow and he was sleeping. He did not seem any better but sometimes when he just wakes up he is groggy. I put the hot compress on his foot and massaged it like the doctor said to and then tried to get him to eat with no luck. I had to run by work and so I decided to try food again later.

I thought my week was done with drama for the most part or that it would be confined to my personal life until I went in to work this afternoon only for an hour to pick up some stuff to do from home to find out that my office is laying off 3 of the employees. 2 appraisers and my boss, the 2 appraisers I will not miss much but my boss I am upset about. She was one of the better bosses I have had and really all around a great lady. However, I do think this may be a good thing for her. I am hoping to see a great oppurtunity in her future in a job she can really be happy in.

After all the drama at work took longer then I anticipated I realized I had better head home before the rain washed out all paths to my house (we have had so much snow and rain that several roads in the area are currently closed due to floods.) I came home much disappointed that I hadn't spent much time with Shadow. Later Mike (my brother) called to tell me Shadow was eating treats on his own. This is huge. Cats, at times, can forget how to eat. He had shown interest in food by sniffing but had not been eating anything that wasn't forced on him. So with him eating treats we know he can eat and now we just have to see if we can stimulate his appetite enough to get him back in the ball game.

More updates as I can. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers they seem to be helping!
Love all of you and kiss or hug a loved one. Make sure you are appreciating them because you never can tell what tomorrow will bring!
Leslie

No comments: