Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tests and no results

I have reached a level of frustration with Doctors that I have not felt since my grandfather was ill. I am old enough now to know not all Doctors are idiots. Even if some days I feel that way. I also know that not all doctors are lazy and care more about their paycheck then they do the patient that they have sitting in front of them. I do however know WHY people often believe this. I am tired of tests being taken and having no results. Also why is it that Endocrinologists don't deem someone passing out and not breathing as serious enough to get an appointment without waiting 3 WEEKS?!?!

I don't know about you... but if I were a doctor with a case like this I might be willing to work late one fricking night to see the patient. Grumble Argh really trying to contain my frustration but it is just bursting at the seams.

Anyway updates. BIll had his EEG and Doppler yesterday. It really wore him out. He is still doing ok. The eating before bed has not seemed to help th way we hoped it would. We are starting to test his blood glucose levels several times a day to get a baseline on where he is currently. His morning glucose has been all over the place. As low as 120 and as high as 157. I can't find anywhere online where I can even find if this is good or bad or how good or bad. Also without knowing what his BG was the morning he passed out I don't have any idea what these numbers even mean. In many ways this week has been harder on me than last week because I just keep waiting for answers and we have gotten none.

Shadow finally had a BM last night. Gross I know but it is a positive. He seems to be improving a little each day but is still not eating on his own. I don't even know what to think about it. I am supposed to take him in for an updated CBC but I am worried the stress of going to the vet might push him back from the progress we have made so far this week. I will call the vet and discuss it with her. I also don't want to take him back and have him catch anything else. His head cold that has caused him so much sneezing and yucky he caught while he was there.

For today I want to scream and more likely I would like to scream at doctors. People say they deserve all the money they make but I am just not seeing why. When Bill and I had to go through dozens of tests and 2 full days in the hospital for them to know nothing and he and I figured out the likely culprit with some online research. Stupid Doctors. Hopefully we will find a smart one or two in the bunch when we FINALLY get to see the endocrinologist. I will attempt not to go in with an attitude. I am not happy to have to wait though. His appointment is Feb 5th.

I need a nap. Nothing seems important at work today. These are the days I really want to just go. Run away. Hide even. Why do we spend our whole lives wasted at these stupid jobs? Some people do important things. I have never had a job that was truly necessary.

I was commenting to a friend that if people weren't lazy I wouldn't have a job... this has really become a true statement in my current role and at times I just have to wonder why me?

Now I am having my own little pity party. I have a good life. I have good friends. I have Bill. I need to be happy with these things. I'll keep telling myself this today. Maybe we will go RV shopping this weekend. It is supposed to be "Not rainy" which is rare for January. :-) Maybe it is a message for us to go.

Thank you again for all your thoughts and support.

2 comments:

Aunt Mei said...

My friend tries to keep her morning level at 90-95.

This might be helpful:
http://www.diabetes.com/blood-sugar-control-matters/normal-blood-sugar-level.html

Anonymous said...

Pity pity pity.... *throws confetti* PITY! Too lazy to log in to post, but you know who I am anyways...