Sunday, April 08, 2007

Saturday to Portland

It's Saturday and while we are going to be glad to be home we are both not looking forward to Monday Morning. We head out from our hotel room later then planned and have breakfast at this nice little bakery in town, than hit the road headed up the coast. It is very overcast today and as the forecasters said, it is raining and cold. The coast is covered in fog and so I was not able to get much in the way of pictures. I was able to add a couple more magnets to my collection for the Oregon portion of the trip.

We will be driving most of the day and so we put on more of the music we have on the iPod. I have about 20 songs about "Home" that I put on. (I don’t think I mentioned that I had songs loaded for each state we passed through and tried to play them when we were in the area. My favorite selection was Brad Paisley's "Celebrity" when we drove through Beverly Hills which actually I hadn't planned but just kinda happened. LOL)

I am a little tired today but I think it's mostly because of the dreary weather. Oh and I bought a California Lotto ticket when we passed through so wish me good luck! Hehe

The weather starts to clear as we get further from the coast. It's about 4 pm and it looks like we will make Portland before 6. That will make it an easy 3 hours of driving tomorrow to make it home.

No comments: