Friday, April 20, 2007

Star Wars Pocketmodels


I entered into geekdom at a fairly young age. My older brother is probably much to blame but so was my monster crush on Han Solo. I grew up in the early 80s with all the Star Wars loving geeks. I collected the figures and played with them. We had one of the giant storage Vader’s to put all the figures in. We had lunch boxes and Tie Fighters.

So when I accepted a job with a game company I had hopes in the back of my mind that maybe someday I could possibly work with Lucasarts and be a small part of Star Wars. When a competitor got the license for the miniature game I was sad and realized it would be unlikely I would be able to be involved with the company and so my hopes were put on the back burner… that is until the middle of last year.

I work for WizKids, Inc. makers of HeroClix and Pirates of the Spanish Main games. We are a small company and we have had our ups and downs but things are majorly on the way UP!
We recently announced that in June of this year we will be releasing our Star Wars Pocketmodels game. I have played it and am very very very very very excited. Here is a link to see a little about the game:

If you are interested in the game (and if you are still reading I am REALLY hoping you are) keep an eye on our website: http://www.wizkidsgames.com/ as we will be announcing more cool stuff to come!
*~*Leslie’s Doing the happy dance!*~*

No comments: