Friday, April 20, 2007

Why Offset With NativeEnergy

So I was reading an article about how traveling causes harm to the places we travel to due to the emissions from the car. This is something I was aware of but I was NOT aware that there are programs that can help each of us off set the pollutants we produce.

Some people feel the offset programs are just a way for people to try and justify their over abundant use of our environment. My perspective as with most things is “If what they are doing is helping why do we have to pay so much attention to their motives?” If a person decides to give a $1000 to a charity because they feel guilty about something they did what harm is it? *sigh* The people the charity is there for still benefit. Maybe that person shouldn’t have done the “bad” thing he/she did but regardless the donation helps.

Anyway, So I found this website:

http://www.nativeenergy.com/why_offset.html

I am going to look into the benefits these programs provide and I am considering trying to do my part to heal the polution I am responsible for.

No comments: