Monday, March 12, 2007

A 3 Week Road Trip? How did this happen?!?!?




So late last year I was sitting around completely exhausted and trying to figure out why I was so burnt out when I realized... for the first year in over a decade I didn't take a single vacation all year.

My family is a family of road trippers. All my life we drove wherever we went. Some of this was because it is so much cheaper to travel with a family of 5 in a car then on a plane but it was something I always loved. I have spent months of my life in a car riding around the country. Thus far I have visited 31 states and for the past many years this has been seriously lacking.




Route 66 (the mother road) has always been a dream of mine to travel. Having been born and raised in Florida the majority of my travel was done on the East coast. Up until I turned 28 I had never been West of the Mississippi. In the past 3 years that obviously changed with me moving to Bellevue, Washington (near Seattle) and traveling with my company but I still do not feel I have experienced the West. After seeing the movie “Cars” together last year, my boyfriend (Bill) and I, discovered that it had been a dream of his to drive Route 66 as well.

Bill and I had been discussing a trip he was planning to take for the Glass Craft & Bead Expo (http://www.glasscraftexpo.com/) in Las Vegas. I was looking through the flier for it and thought it would be a lot of fun. So we discussed it and decided I was going to go. Well once that was decided we started talking about making it a Road trip and seeing at least half of Route 66.

Now mind you we started talking about this… November 19, 2006. The day I didn’t get my Wii…

Now here we are 4 months later (still no Wii) and come this Friday I will be taking the longest coolest vacation I have ever had the luxury to plan (makes up for the lack of Wii). 3 weeks, 5000 miles, at least 4 national parks… Lots of Mexican food and Las Vegas Baby!

Here we come!


No comments: