Sunday, March 25, 2007


More painted desert above

Winslow is just on this side of being a ghost town. The hot spot in town is a corner with a statue of the Eagle's lead singer (I think) and a sign "Standing on the Corner", cleverly painted on the wall behind the statue is a painting of "It's a girl my lord in a flat bed Ford slowing down to take a look at me". We take it easy in Winslow for the night and then hit the road early. The time change has thrown us off a tad but not in a bad way. We grab breakfast at Sonic… mmmm… Sonic… and then head off to the Meteor Crater! This is totally cool. Now this is how people should learn about things… instead of in a dusky old classroom. We take a tour of the crater and in the 1 hour Rim Tour I learn more about physics then I did in 9 months of torment in High School. The crater is 550 feet deep. Initially scientists believed it was a volcano cone but then discovered it was what it is… a crater from a meteor. The meteor hit with a pressure comparable to a 20,000 ton dynamite blast. Now that's something. We are now on our way down to Phoenix to hang out with my friend Jon for dinner.

Depending on our mood we will either be staying in Flagstaff or at the Grand Canyon tonight. More later. Lunch with Jon was a blast. We gabbed and gabbed and for anyone that knows me and Jon you know we can both gab. LOL

Well on the way back North Bill and I realized that we are about a half a day early on our schedule so we decided to stop in Flagstaff for the night. Nothing special hotel but it was inexpensive. Since today was kinda slow I will keep it short for Eric's sake. LOL More pictures to come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay, short! :P